Life Drawing Workshop with Noel Thurgate
What Puts the LIFE In Your Life Drawing?
Put the LIFE into your Life Drawing
A one-day workshop with master drawing instructor Noel Thurgate exploring the structures of the human figure with a focus on how to read the pose.
Art materials are supplied. Fee includes a delicious lunch from local gourmet wizz Lucinda's Pantry.
Noel's classes sell out quickly, so BOOK NOW to reserve your spot!
Working from life, with a special focus on reading the pose, and plenty of tips for getting started, this class promises to be another cracker!
This class is for you if you want to:
- Learn to create fluid and expressive line and tone in your work, using a range of wet and dry mediums.
- Produce quick gesture drawings imbued with life that capture the essence of the pose, as well as more sustained longer studies.
- Develop observation techniques and measurement skills that result in getting the proportions right, better placement of the figure on the page, and more accurate drawings.
Noel is an experienced and patient teacher who combines whole class teaching with personalised guidance to ensure maximum learning for every student.
This workshop is suitable for keen beginners and intermediate levels.
Noel Thurgate is a master life drawing teacher with over 30 years experience, including 9 years as Head of Drawing at the National Art School in Sydney.
Since 1975 he has exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions including 5 times as an Archibald finalist, the Young Contemporaries and the Kedumba Drawing Prize. His work is held in state, regional, and institutional collections.
Noel currently teaches life drawing part time at NAS.
- Butchers paper for quick sketches
- A2 size cartridge paper
- 3 or 4 A2 sheets of reasonably good quality drawing paper
- 4B & 6B graphite pencils
- Willow charcoal
- Charcoal pencils med – soft
- Block rubber
- Ink & brushes
Optional (For You To Bring)
- Brown, sepia Conté pencils
- Water-soluble graphite stick
- Black aquarelle pencil
- 20mm flat soft brush (not bristle)
Spud Lane is a professional art studio and contemporary gallery located in a converted warehouse in the small town of Robertson NSW. We are fully equipped with professional lighting, easels, materials for your class, plenty of space to relax, and a unique creative environment.
A delicious healthy lunch from our favourite local providore is included, as well as a coffee from our professional espresso machine on arrival.
Got Questions Before Booking? Email email@example.com or call Cat on 0424 008 432.
- Full payment is required to reserve your spot.
- Owing to the small sizes of our classes, we do not offer refunds if you change your mind before the event. However you may pass on your ticket to a friend if you are unable to attend.
- All classes and workshops are subject to minimum numbers. If we fail to form the minimum class size, we will cancel the workshop. In this instance, we will offer you a full refund or a credit note for another workshop at Spud Lane.
- No refunds or credit notes will be issued if you fail to show up on the day.